Here is a list of over 50 items about Sarah Palin that should be undesirable to a conservative, Christian constitutionalist. Some are more important than others. I’m not claiming that every item is a disqualification, but they are all things to consider in a candidate for high office.
BIG GOV'T SOCIALISM
4. The city didn’t get clear title to the property and had to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars untangling the snafu.
7. Failed to keep promises to cut spending.
9. When she took over as mayor, Wasilla was not in debt. She left it $22 million in the hole.
10. She supported vouchers for alleged educational choice. That sounds good, but gov’t never gives away money without strings attached. Vouchers simply give the gov’t control over private, Christian, and home schools. Better they allow citizens to keep more of their own income to pay for their own educational choices, or offer tax credits.
GOVERNMENT ETHICAL CONCERNS
4. Sarah Palin billed Alaska taxpayers almost $17,000 for her to spend 300+ nights in her own home. Can I get in on that program?
5. She also billed taxpayers over $135,000 for travel expenses, unusual acts that are illegal in many places.
6. The “corruption fighter” maintains a political relationship with Ted Stevens, indicted on seven counts of corruption.
7. The V.P. acceptance speech Palin is being hailed for was written before she was even offered the position.
NEW WORLD ORDER GLOBALIST
2. Willing to go to war with Russia over Georgia conflict.
3. Says she believes Iraq was responsible for the 9-11 attack, something even President Bush has been forced to deny.
5. Palin refused to take a position on the intrusive “Real ID”, even thought the Alaska legislature voted 58-2 to reject it.
TALK WITHOUT WALK (CONTRADICTIONS)
5. Her speechwriter, Matthew Scully, is an anti-gun, Card-carrying PETA vegetable.
6. Three of her five closest friends (from Wasilla “Elite Gang of Six”) are pro-abortion. Are more than half of your closest friends pro-abortion?
12. She’s now claiming man may be responsible for global warming, and claiming she never denied human culpability. She won’t pull McCain to the right, he is already pulling her to the left.
13. Supported “bridges to nowhere” but now claims she’s against them. I guess she’s exercising a woman’s prerogative to change her mind … again.
5. By her own admission, Sarah never prayed about her acceptance of the VP offer, nor did she even discuss it with her husband, before instantly making such a major, life-altering, family-uprooting decision.
2. She admits to having smoked marijuana when it was legal in Alaska between 1975 and 2006.
7. Gov. Palin issued a proclamation supporting the Prince Hall black Mason group. Questionable group to support.
8. Being in beauty pageants in the first place, which are fleshly contests, is not a wise endeavor for a Christian lady. Wonder if there’s a connection here with the immodesty, fornication, and unwed pregnancies?
9. Despite rhetoric to the contrary, Palin is PRO-CHOICE on abortion. When asked what extent should abortion be prohibited in Alaska, if Roe vs. Wade was overturned, she replied: “It would be up to the people of Alaska to discuss and decide how we would like our society to reflect our values”. She added that she “opposes the use of public funds for elective abortions”, indicating she supports using public money for non-elective abortions. Although she SAYS she’s pro-life, she’s DONE nothing to curb abortion in Alaska.
10. She was criticized by pro-life groups in Alaska when she refused to include two abortion-related measures in special sessions she called earlier this year to act on her proposal to build a gas pipeline. She said those bills would be too distracting from the pipeline measure, which she considered a higher priority and wanted passed, said Republican Alaska State Senator Lyda Green.
11. Her own mother-in-law did not support her for mayor and so far doesn’t support her for Vice President.