Saturday, December 15, 2007

HUCKSTER'S THEOLOGY DEGREE

*




Huckabee's theology degree? Now says ain't necessarily so


Campaign admits candidate doesn't have claimed religious credential


Speaking in Iowa in October, Huckabee told a sympathetic crowd, "Anytime you have been a person who was identified as a pastor and you've got a seminary education and theology degree, people tend to worry about you."


In November, while appearing on the Christian Broadcasting Network, Huckabee said, "I truly understand the nature of the war that we are in with Islamofascism. These are people that want to kill us. It's a theocratic war. And I don't know if anybody fully understands that. I'm the only guy on that stage with a theology degree. I think I understand it really well."


Last month, during the CNN YouTube debate, Huckabee responded to a question to the candidates about their belief in the Bible: "Sure. I believe the Bible ... And as the only person here on the stage with a theology degree, there are parts of it I don't fully comprehend and understand,


That prompted Joe Carter, Huckabee's research director, to respond to a questioner by e-mail.

"Governor Huckabee doesn't have a theology degree. He only spent a year in seminary."


TG: Huckabee does have a degree in religion, not a post-grad degree in theology. But some of his answers above as well as his waffle on creation indicate he paid way too much for his degree. If he sued the school for fraud, I'll glady serve as a witness that he got ripped off in his religious education. I'll bring in a few 1st graders who have read the first chapter of the Bible and know when and how God created.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home